Sunday, February 17, 2013

Love is...

I'm having one of those days.  My fuse is short and my children seem to know this better than anyone.  I have no way of physical escape, such as a Hawaiian vacation or trip to Disney, in my near future.  In lieu of having a mommy meltdown, I've written out 1 Corinthians 13 and what, as a mom, it says to me.  Because sometimes I just need a perspective adjustment.

Love is patient and kind.  Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or ~ 1 Corinthians 13:4



Love gives second chances, and third and fourth.  Love speaks without yelling.  Love doesn't think about what it is doing without and harbor resentment, toward even the tiniest one.  Love doesn't pride itself in being right but is humbled because it knows who it has been. Love is a grace giver because it was a grace receiver.


  IMG_6905IMG_6377

rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. ~1 Corinthians 13:5



Love doesn't put things like social media, television or conversation before the well being of others.  Love makes important people and things important.  Love doesn't keep tabs for future use.IMG_6920




It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. ~ 1 Corinthians 13:6



Love doesn't allow the unfair treatment of one child by another.  Nor does it allow the abuse of any child in form.  Love rejoices when children grasp the truth and hold on for dear life.


IMG_7005




Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. ~ 1 Corinthians 13:7



Love is knowing and speaking truth over my children with throwing in the towel - no matter their age, maturity or circumstances.  Love carries us through each and every situation in life without fail.  God is love!


 

2 comments:

  1. I love your creativity and the way you look at things from a different angle sometimes.

    ReplyDelete