Friday, January 17, 2014

My 10 Things for 10 years

Gray skies covered North Alabama ten years ago today. It was a little dreary and cold.  But I could have cared less what the weather outside was like...I was about to marry the most wonderful man in the world.  Ten years, 3 kids and six cities later the weather is cold.  And I still don't care because I woke up next to the man of my dreams this morning.

In honor of ten years, here are ten things about this incredible man I love so much.

He is passionate. About Christ and the hope found only in Him. You hear it when he speaks. You can see it in his actions.  It is evident in the everyday ins and outs of life. This passion drives him.

483109_10152445381305024_605791875_n

 

 

 

 

He is a teacher.  More than just telling others about things, he wants them to learn and to know that they know for themselves.

IMG_1584

 

 

 

 

He is adventurous. New places never bother him. He sees it as opportunity and looks for new things to see and do.

IMG_2836

 

 

 

 

He is goofy. Never embarrassed easily, he loves to just be silly and goof off with the boys.

IMG_6964

 

 

 

 

He is a learner.  After nearly 7 years of seminary and what seems like hundreds of books, he is always reading and learning.  Digging for knowledge and gleaning wisdom.

IMG_0693

 

 

 

 

He is a fan. Of sports. All things University of Alabama.  Football and golf. We can even watch and play together.

IMG_2599

 

 

 

 

He is a foodie. But only when it comes to the grill or sweets. He loves BBQ and Burgers. Chocolate Chip cookies and ice cream.

IMG_2693

 

 

 

 

He is a friend. No matter the miles that separate, he will always call to check in with his friends, praying for them and laughing with them.

Naomi and Anthony 059

 

 

 

 

He is a father. Our boys know they can look to dad, talk to dad, wrestle with dad and just be in his presence. He gives them love and discipline, helping set the course for them.

IMG_2047

 

 

 

 

He loves selflessly. Daily he helps with the boys, does household chores and makes sure that I have time to be in The Word. He wakes early and stays up late, making sure he is able to squeeze in all he needs to do for each day.

Naomi and Anthony 231

There are so many more details I could give but I'll just treasure those in my heart. I am beyond thankful for my man. And am looking forward to celebrating many more anniversaries together!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the kind words. More importantly, thank you for the past 10+ years. Looking forward to many more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Beautiful Story. You both are wonderful and have a very precious family. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you! And am looking forward to many more as well.

    ReplyDelete