Thursday, January 16, 2014

When Less Brings More

Two full weeks into 2014 and I have so many questions. Like how in the world am I supposed to do this whole Less thing?  What does Less in this More world look like?  And, of course, why me?

Sitting down toward the beginning of January, I laid out a 21 day plan to rid my house of the more that has taken over. Needless to say, not even 14 days in and my plans were laid to waste. (Aren't they always?!!)  Kids back to school, unexpected events, add in a little distractedness and BAM! Though I have managed to get some good things done.  Like going through some boxes that were still packed from when we moved, seven months ago. And sorting through some kiddo clothes (Confession...I still have nearly all the baby clothes from my first born who's nearly 7.) to donate.  I've wondered why I still feel so bogged down. Why such a heavy heart?

28c59-boxes

I've started getting rid of all the stuff. All the things that take up space. Room after room I look and see so much that needs to go.  So much that could better serve someone else.  Someone who has need.  And then there are other rooms.  Rooms unseen.

Heart rooms. Soul rooms.

These rooms that by emptying are filled.  Daily.  Moment by moment. Through prayer - spoken and groaned. Intercession by His Holy Spirit who knows what to pray from when I do not.
But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God’s own will. ~ Romans 8:26b-27

And I'm beginning to see how the physical clutter.  The daily things that I see, are evidence that I still have much decluttering of the soul to do.  However,  I am not equipped to accomplish that alone, but The Holy Spirit in me is more than able.  More of Him and less of me.

My prayer today,
Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFialZrESmI

2 comments:

  1. My "less project" has gone off course a bit also with school and family issues. I so want the soul clutter gone! Praying that we both can hear His voice and see His face above the fray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you! It is going to be a challenge for sure, for me anyway.

    ReplyDelete