Monday, June 24, 2013

Dear Lovey

Dear Lovey,

I came to see you the other day. It was a trip that I should have made long before this time came. I knew you'd be just as beautiful as ever. I just wasn't prepared. You see, I wanted to hug your sweet neck and talk about all the things going on since I saw you last. To have a tea party with bright feather boas and big fun hats. To hear you laugh and see the way your eyes danced. Oh how they danced...with love and grace, whether you were in pain or pain free.



20130623-210325.jpg
Photo Credit

I walked through those big wooden doors and once again grace nearly drowned me. You were there but no longer present. There was a peace. And there was a void. As individuals and families moved in and out of that double room, the grace that had once adorned you was somehow woven into each face. Changed by the woman you were and the Savior you worshipped, the One you now stand before singing. Joining that great cloud of witnesses.

Oh Lovey, thank you! Thank you for seeing me for more than the hard outer shell I wore. For seeing my flaws and reaching out just the same. In a place I felt like I didn't belong, you were a lighthouse. In a time I wasn't even sure who I was, you were a safe place. You loved me. I love you!

I really wish I had made the trip to say these things in person, I didn't. Thankful that where you are, I will one day be as well - in the presence of our Savior, worshipping for all eternity. How you touched my life will always remain with me, like finger prints uncleaned on glass. Thank you for being the hands and feet of Christ to me!

See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment